Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Let me warm that up for you...

It's been tough to get training in this week, but I managed to get some in today. I was initially going to deadlift, but Jess talked me out of it in favor of squatting. I just ME squatted on Saturday, but after that session we found out that AAU's Raw rules means really raw- no wrist wraps, no knee sleeves. I haven't ME squatted without knee support in a looooong time, so I thought it would be wise to try it out. Thankfully, I had nothing to worry about.

A1. Mobility

Leg swings
Squat Pulls
Glute Ham Bridges
X-Band Walks

B1. Squat

5 x 135#
3 x 225#
2 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 335#

I think once I got past the mental block of not having knee sleeves (let's face it, Rehbands are just glorified leg warmers), I felt fine.

C1. Band-Assisted Pullups

4 x 6 x bw + medium band

C2. Blast Strap Ab Fallouts

4 x 6 x bw

D1. Prehabs

Internal/External Rotations 3 x 8 x small band
Step-Unders 3 x 8

Overall a good session. Capped it off by grilling for the first time this year. Lemon chicken that Jess prepared, with Taboule and Carrots that Jess cooked up. Yum.


11 days till I compete in Vegas, which also means 11 days till we eat at Craftsteak and do some Wagyu Beef eatin'. In the immortal words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT."

No comments:

Post a Comment