Sunday, April 3, 2011

Best Deadlift Session Ever

Yeah, the title sums it up. I hit a gym PR for my deadlift training today. It felt great, and I think the thing that helped the most was videotaping the singles and watching after each to see what I needed to adjust. That gave me the added benefit of getting the gym PR on video for all to see!

A1. Mobility

Leg Swings
Squat Pulls
Glute Ham Bridges
Step Unders

B1. Deadlift

8 x 135#
5 x 225#
2 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 345#
1 x 375# This felt really easy, so I went for the 405#
1 x 405# I had more in me, but I resisted temptation after this

Video! Technology is amazing.



The deadlifts felt great. I've pulled more than 405# at competitions, but I've never gotten over 400# in the gym. I could have stopped here and not regretted it, but what fun would that be?

C1. Band-assisted Pullups

4 x 6 x bw + medium band

C2. OH Push Press

3 x 8 x 135#

D1. Shoulder Prehab

Internal Rotations
External Rotations
OH Shrugs

F1. Farmer Walk

3 x 150# per hand x 30 feet uphill/30 feet downhill

Overall a great session, and a great way to kick off the week and the new training cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment