Sunday, April 24, 2011

Prowler Flu

After a weekend of going out and enjoying Seattle, Jess and I decided to relax today. So naturally, we trained ME Bench.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

Leg Swings
Squat Pulls
Int/Ext Rotations
Band Scapular Pulldowns

B1. ME Bench

8 x 45#
8 x 95#
5 x 135#
3 x 185#
1 x 225#
2 x 250#
2 x 260#

I've been going to singles for way too long, and my bench felt weak today, so I figured I'd get some doubles work in. It felt great, and Jess PR'd her raw bench at 170#.

C1. Board Press (w/foam roller)

7 x 295# (3,3,1)

On the 3rd set, I was so done I couldn't bring the bar down far enough over the peak in my arch and I kept nailing the hooks with the bar, so I called it done.

D1. Strict OH Press

4 x 6 x 135#

PR for weight/volume on this one. Nice!

D2. Band-Assisted Pullups

4 x 6 x bw + medium band

These were easy enough that I may be doing them without the band next time...

E1. Forward Sled (Prowler) Drag & Push

1 x 20 yards forward pull uphill, 20 yards push downhill x 160# + Prowler
2 x 20 yards forward pull uphill, 20 yards push downhill x 170# + Prowler

After the 3rd set I about passed out, and a few seconds later was prowler flu'd all over the lawn. Yeah boyeee.


Overall a great training session, a great way to end the long weekend, and one hell of a way to relax :)

No comments:

Post a Comment