Monday, May 14, 2012

first light

        Proper day of training almost, only made it to one class at Tribull tonight but I'll try and hit up a few more tomorrow.  Conditioning and kickboxing if the gods are friendly.  Eh, forget the gods, I decide what I do, and today, I decide that I'm going to sleep well, train good tomorrow, and hit up a full session of Tribull madness.

bearmode
Bear Mode: A specialized variant of Beast Mode, strictly for the hardcore.

        Decided to take a slightly more measured approach to the weights today, meaning 5x10s are out for a bit, until my muscles are used to being back under the bar.  Gotta say, i think last sunday i was also rolling off of bad sleep, because going to the gym today felt totally different.  You know how dogs are when they know they're about to go for a walk?  That's totally how I felt walking up to the gym today, i almost broke into a trot i must admit.  It's a good feeling, the feeling that says "Time to go home".  It's weird, I feel like i spent so much time working the last month that I had to let myself swing back the other way, taking a weekend and just vegging before i EQd back out and was ready to do normal life things.  But i feel like I'm all cured now, so that's awesome.

AM:
  • Squat: 155x5/175x5/195x10
  • DB Incline Press: 50x5/60x5x3/60x8
  • OverheadX: 50x5x3/60x5/40x8
  • Seated Row: 130x5/140x5x3/130x8
  • EZ Curl: 60x5x4/60x8
  • Push Press: 115x5x4/115x8
PM:
  • A1. DB Decline Press: 55 5x5
  • A2. Hammer Curl: 30 5x5
  • B1. Decline Flye: 20 3x10
  • B2. DB Incline Curl: 20 3x10
  • C1. Chest Pull: 32.5x15/37.5x15
  • C2. Kneeling NG: 82.5x15/87.5x15
        It's amazing what a different exercise curls are when you focus on certain aspects of techniques.  I'm not entirely chasing the pump yet (i'll get there, just want to get form and some foundation back), but i'm trying to set myself up for good gains when I start moving real weight.  The squeeze is crazy, nice to get a bit of a burn...

Today's TrainingTune: Demon Core - Phosgore

No comments:

Post a Comment