Sunday, May 6, 2012

this i say each day

        I've been off the mats for a month and out from under the bar for too many more months and I've definitely suffered for it.  If the folks I grapple with are to be believed, I haven't lost too much strength, but then, after moving to the bay, i wasn't starting from a particular high mark anyway, so i guess it would've been really hard for me to slide too far back, eh?  I've definitely paid for it in the aesthetics department, i'm not sure i can remember the last time i was this fat and unattractive, but that's fixable.

        You know, i'm the worst person in the world about throwing myself into work and training when life starts to get a bit suck on the personal side, but the sad realization I've come to after the last couple weeks is that...I don't think I'm that guy anymore, it just doesn't have the same numbing effect it used to.  That may be a good sign though, yet another path on the road to growing up??  Arrghh!!  Ah well...at least I can still console myself with the idea that no woman would ever want to have kids with me, so I'll only ever have to grow up so much anyway, hehe...

suckitup
Your whining is incredibly undignified sir...if i can suck it up, so can you

        I do love being able to live the simple life tho...At the end of the day, i have a great job, i'm living in a cool-ish part of the country, I can still train.  I can still do all the things that matter, and for me, those aren't huge things, you know?  I don't need to be rich, famous, dating a supermodel, whatever, just not bored with work and able to move around.  So on with the training.  Going to follow the 5/3/1 Boring But Big Challenge template, just because i feel like it's a good combination of alot of things I want to do and 5x10 of big lifts just sounds like good ol fashioned fun.
  • Squat A: 155x5/175x5/195x5
  • Squat B: 115 5x10
  • DB Incline: 45 3x8
  • Overhead X: 80 3x8
  • Seated Row: 120 3x8
  • Hammer Curl: 20 3x8
        Funny thing was I only did my warmup set on squats then went straight to the 5x10, so i had to double back at the end of the set and do the actual 5/3/1 work set.  It actually worked out better than i thought, but then, these aren't incredibly huge numbers...Sure felt like it tho!  I'm going to start depleting too, so tonight is the last time i eat food for a while.  Already my co-workers think i'm weird because I don't eat lunch that often...i guess that's just something i have to contend with, my diet is always going to be a subject of discussion amongst co-workers, hehe...

Today's TrainingTune: Honest Eyes - Black Tide

No comments:

Post a Comment