Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pre-Training, Week 3 Recap: up the mountain

    I have to admit, I'd gotten to the point where I was honestly just too wiped at the end of the day to blog something.  Isn't that crazy?  It's a really weird feeling to not actually be able to muster up the creative energy to write a few words, or even to just post a training recap.  Some days I didn't really even feel like logging my workout on fitocracy, but what can I say, I love games.  Even the little incentive of fito-points is enough to get me motivated.  I am truly a product of current society.  Ah well, arent' we all?

    Haven't been tracking my weight recently, I need to lose so much that I can pretty much go off of visible results and things like clothes.  When I started Kaju about 16 months ago, I was wearing size 5 gi pants.  Somewhere over the course of the year, I think it was about when I was prepping for what would have been test 2 around august-sept, I found myself in a pair of 6s.  A little tragic because I'd been doing really well.  It's a shitty excuse, but you know, life.  On the upside, it's all handled and I've got some real goals that I actually care about (which is important, you know).


Life, it's not an excuse, it's reality. Deal With It.

    Anyway, whining aside, I did the whole Kaju seminar in a new pair of size 5 gi pants, and they were actually COMFORTABLE, which means somethings happening.  It' s good incentive, just have to remember that the gut fat is going to be the last to go and I have ALOT of it.  Let's see where we are in 3 more weeks.  I feel like this is the stride now, I'm sleeping ok, I'm training regularly, and I've got my intake schedule dialed.

    I've started thinking about carb-loading totally differently too now, just noticing that I feel way better on protein of varying levels and medium to high carbs than I ever did on protein and some degree of fat with low carbs.  I mean it makes sense, I know all the exercise and nutrition science behind it and all that, I've just never really given it a serious try.  The fact that I've been able to keep up some degree of fairly high energy dependent training while "eating" homemade fruit juice and vegetables is an interesting testament.  All said, I'm only taking in about 200g of carbs too (well, not counting the vegetables), so it's been a cool experiment.  Now I must think about how to use this power for good when I transition off.  I have some ideas, I do like experimenting with training and nutrition, the whole "hacking" your training and diet.

    So on to stage 2, in which I add in some clean protein (gonna try Sun Warrior finally) and moderate the carbs a little bit.  I'd like to keep lifting for a few different reasons, metabolic effect and "pre-loading" my muscles being the two main ones.  And with that...off to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment