Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In this place, family means something

No log tonight, just some thoughts. It's been a while since i either trained or wrote alot of words, so what a great opportunity to do both!

I was thinking about that word family. It's funny, every professional organization i've been attached to loves to throw that word, and honestly, i believe they mean it. I think i'm just getting soft in my old age, but whatever, it happens to the best of us. Now, that said, i don't know what it is they mean by it, but they do mean it. I think it's just that for me anyway I have concept of what family...feels(?) like and maybe the business entity concept of family is just different. Maybe i need to learn harder what that feels like.

I'm not sure I want to.

I've been off the mats for a bit, out of the gym for longer, and out of the roda for an insanely long time. But you step back in/on and it's just kinda like...hey, good to see you again, how you been, etc. And life goes on. You don't get asked to leave, but then you don't really get asked to stay, it's just kinda like...you're there. Do your thing, tell us about stuff if you want to, i'm sure you will next time we go drinking again.

That works for me. It's nice to be training again. Call it your people, call it your tribe, hell go ahead...call it your family even.

Alright so that's not a ton of words and it didn't really go anywhere. I got tired somewhere along the way and it got late. I'll have some numbers to post again soon...nothing that'll matter hugely, but that's a different post for an earlier night.

No comments:

Post a Comment