Monday, September 20, 2010

...and still the search goes on

  • Military Press: 65x5, 75x5, 85x5
  • Incline Press: 105 5x10
  • Good Morning: 125 5x10
  • Bent Delt Raise: 20 5x10
  • Rope Extension: 120 5x10
  • Hammer Curl/Lying DB Tri Ex: 30/25 4x10
  • Neutral-Grip Pulldown/Overhead Cable Extension: 130/80 4x10
Wow, how long has it been? Rhetorical(?) question, i mean i could just look at the last time i posted and i'd know exactly how long, true? True. Ah well. Short story long, like most people do from time to time, i lost my way for a bit (i know, i'm human, shocking). At some point I figured, you know, now that I'm over the shoulder injury I can just hop back in and i'll lose the weight over time, but i tell ya, that whole being fat neurosis of mine i'm still not over, and truth be told, i'll never get over it. "Son, my ego is writing checks my body can't cash" (thank you Netflix!), which is the real reason i haven't posted anything for months. It sucks not being able to watch your numbers go up, but them's the breaks of cutting, yeah?

I've been trying to do serious low calorie cuts for a while, decided this time i should just take it seriously and do it the right way. Missed being on the mats, missed being in the roda, hell, missed having my lifts go up, but in retrospect (and in the mirror), i don't miss the 20+ pounds i've lost over the last 2 months. So this is the interesting part, last time i successfully did a massive low calorie cut, i didn't have the best plan for coming off of it, so that's where I am now. I figure at 220 (yeah i got back up to almost 250, disgusting), i should be able to hit 2100 cals or so and toss some martial arts training back in.

I'm going to try some carb cycling too, but i think i'm going to try topping out at something low like 1g a pound on high days. So that means a 2400 calorie day at around...230g carbs and minimal fat? Should be fun. Will take it easy this first week, i'm not going to be so naive as to say or think "The Shoulder Feels Better Than Ever!" because honestly it doesn't, it still feels like shit in the wrong conditions. Thankfully mobility, stretching, and of course my ever present lacrosse ball and PVC pipe are seeing to "wrong conditions" being less and less.

Blah...and now off to buy supplements. Skippy.

No comments:

Post a Comment