Friday, December 23, 2011

i am become death

        I'm realizing alot of truths recently, today's truth realization is that of bodypart splits and why Leg Day is awesome.  First of all, Leg Day sucks, and today was light!!  Heavy Leg Days are going to kill me, but the truth is, I only have to do it one day a week, and I really felt it just in my lower body.  For as hard as this split is going to be when I add real weight, my upper body is ready to go for the next 3 sessions.  Maybe them bodybuilders is onto sumfin...hrmmm...

        I will be brief today because I'm tired, need to go eat, and internet manz is coming to hook me up soon, which will also be awesome.  Another truth I'm realizing, over 45 minute sessions is not a bad thing.  This session topped out at about 80 minutes including warmup, but some of that came from rest.  I'm keeping my rest periods to between 60 and 75 seconds, which is at most about 30 seconds longer than I've been resting.  Those 30 seconds go away REAL fast by the end of the session.  Overall, lovin it, like this guy and his salmon:



        I sorta want to add sled drags or farmer's walks to Leg Day just to be total masochistic psycho, but sadly, that seems to be one of the limiters of Active vs Super Sport, the lack of warehouselike floor space...altho...the weight room IS still pretty big.  This might bear some experimentation...
  • Squat: 225x5/245x5/275x5/275x5/185x8
  • Romanian: 185 4x6
  • Toes-to-Bar: 4x5
  • Front Squat: 135 4x8
  • Donkey Calf Raise: 80 4x12
  • Dragon Flag: 4x12
  • Hack Squat: 135 4x8
  • Standing Calf Raise: 80 4x12
  • Hanging Leg Raise: 4x12
        Honestly, i can't wait to start adding weight to this.  For some reason, the idea of having to drag myself home after leg day sounds like too much fun...

Today's TrainingTune: Living Dead - C-Lekktor

1 comment: