Monday, January 2, 2012

resurrected

        Short and sweet post today, not a lifting day, but it was my first day training Kajukenbo at Tribull MMA, which is cool.  Really good class, i feel like it covered all the things I wanted to get an idea of.  Did some self-defense, some fight cardio, some padwork, pretty much everything but sparring.  I'm sure we'll get some of that at some point.  At this point i'm about 90 percent that i'll be putting Capoeira on hold for a bit, given that there are two pretty decent looking BJJ academies within walking distance to my apartment that have complementary schedules.  Should be interesting.  Also, I appreciate Tribull's training soundtrack, this shit's gonna rock...

        You know, It always feels good to get back to training martial arts, esp given my focus on full contact and practical styles the last year or so.  I hold traditional martial arts in quite high esteem, I won't lie, but at the same time I'm really enjoying styles that just get straight to the point.  Just going over the self-defense stuff in class today really makes you appreciate the practical application of martial arts so much more.  I dunno, I feel like physically and mentally I'm a big more geared towards these sorts of things as it is.  A bit looser, but at the same time more straight ahead.  Like a bear.


TriBear Kajukenbo?

        I start working again tomorrow, not sure how I feel about that, man, really I need to get my shit in gear and get this other thing I'm working on this year off the ground so I can spend less time in front of a computer and more time in front of...well, something that's not a computer.  I know, i know, i keep alluding to something, but I can't really let it out just yet, I need to get a bit further down the road, then we'll let the bear out of the cave.

Today's TrainingTune: I Stand Alone - Godsmack

No comments:

Post a Comment