Sunday, January 29, 2012

I'm leaving the darkside upside down

        Change.  As alot of you are probably aware, it's been at the forefront of my thoughts for quite some time now, and it shows no signs of stopping.  I don't say that like it's a bad thing, I love change.  I learned years and years ago that change is something to be embraced, to the point where with me, I've noticed it just happens.  I don't even really think of it as change, just as what I'm doing now.  But when I stop and think, like I did today and now, I have to say life's about to change again.  I feel like I'm surrounded by people who are changing the world around them and by association, I am too.  It's a good feeling, because so far it's all been for the better.  There's one more major change on the books, which I should know more about by the end of the coming week.  I'm excited.


Yes, I do believe it's time for a fresh start

         You know, I used to give everyone good frying pans as housewarming gifts, because really, you can make almost anything with a good frying pan.  I think I'm going to start including a good stick blender and a slow cooker in my housewarming packages, because well...they're both awesome.  Seriously, i can put 12, count them, 12, pounds of chicken breasts in my slow cooker (3 bags).  That's like a week's worth of pulled chicken.  How awesome is that?  Hmm...you know, maybe i'll make it a Magic Bullet instead of a stick blender, methinks the laykitchenperson could do just as well with one of those.

        Cut calories are starting to affect, deadlifts were really hard today.  Of course, my upper body still screaming from all the striking we did saturday may be partially to blame too :)  Man...i feel wrecked but so alive.  For the past 9 months, I've felt like my life was just almost where I wanted it to be.  Methinks after this week, it will be!
  • Jumping Jacks: 1x50
  • Deadlift: 275 5x5
  • Sumo Deadlift: 225 4x8
  • Romanian Deadlift: 185 3x12
  • Pushup: 4x25
  • Bodyweight Squat: 5x20
  • Crunch: 4x25
  • Bodyweight Jump Squat: 5x10
  • Plank: 60sec
  • Bodyweight Lunge: 5x10
  • Jumping Jacks: 1x50
        Man, I really wanna hook up that Intermediate Widowmaker quest...squat at 1xbodyweight for 20 reps.  I think on a good fresh day I could do 230ish for 20 reps...Yeah, i think i could.  Nah, I know i could.  That's my deathsquat.  Represent.

Today's TrainingTune: Upsidedown - Lacuna Coil

4 comments:

  1. Mah mama dun tol' me "boy, don you nevuh count dem chickens afore they's hatched, now"...except with proper english and not a weird approximation of some...random accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha what is wrong with you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete