Monday, January 9, 2012

in the name

        It's always fun to do something you haven't done in a few years from a different perspective.  Case in point today, leg presses, leg extensions, and takedowns.  I haven't done any of these things in a minimum of about 6 months and it absolutely showed.  No excuses about how I slept horribly last night because of something I ate, no, I pretty much just sucked out loud today because I'm out of practice.  But then, that's why I'm doing things i haven't done in years, like not working weekends anymore.


Your "skills" mean precisely dick, sir.

        It's an interesting exercise to really start living the life you want to live, esp when it somewhat conflicts with what you do for money.  But you know, it's probably good, I must admit I've lacked a tiny bit of professional discipline the last few years because I wasn't holding myself to any sort of schedule outside of work.  Seems kind of an odd thing, I know.  It's only week 2, so it remains to be seen how this experiment is actually going to go, but I'm pretty committed to seeing this work, so it's all about staying constant, err, CONSTANT.
  • Squat: 225x5/245x5/245x5/255x5/275x5
  • Leg Press: 415x8/505x8/595x8/595x8
  • Leg Extensions: 120 4x5
        It was a tiny thing, but you know it was alright.  I was trying to keep some in the tank for class tonight, and not a bad thing.  The joints were starting to creak a little bit, but nothing some good stretches didn't handle.  You know, no resolutions for this year, but I am absolutely going to stop making jokes about how I'm old, no more of that nonsense.

Today's TrainingTune: Blasphemie - Incubite

No comments:

Post a Comment