Monday, April 2, 2012

indeed there is

        Coming back a little slow still after test, I think i'm having some distant cousing of DOMs, that is, I'm just now feeling my hits from Friday.  I really have to get serious about this going to sleep before midnight thing, hell let's say before 11 even, because whatever I'm doing now, it's just not cutting it.  Class tonight wasn't anywhere near hard, but I couldn't focus on even the simple stuff.  I think I maybe snapped 1 in 8 punches decently, the rest of the time I might as well have been wiping sweat off the focus mitts.

        My head is still swimming with ideas about how I want/need to change up my training, it's funny, who knows if I'll be around in 10 years to test for my black belt at Tribull (well, i'm going to try my damndest, that's for sure), but i'll be ready for sure.  I'm not a big fan of running, but you know, I'm actually in good enough shape that short runs(<5 miles) don't kill me that much at all.  Of course, trying to do a 5 mile run followed by a 600 and 2 hours of drills and sparring ehhh...it's sorta like that Klingon ritual that's pretty much drinking, fighting, and sharing war stories.  Except you are the war story, and there's no drinking until you recover the next day...

bearhottub
...followed by at least a week in the hot tub, maybe more...

        Going into another busy time at work, so I may have to cut classes back a bit, but I'm going to try and stay on top of it as much as possible.  Maybe cut back to two-a-nights twice a week until this next milestone pass, which isn't too long, just two weeks.  Still gives me time to get back into it in time for the fights, I think?  Gotta say I'm still super nervous after my last sparring session, but i'm getting my practice in so that's good.  I like how sparring is treated as a drill and everyone has to do it instead of just sitting around waiting for your turn to go in.  You don't train to sit on the bench, yeah?

Warmup:
  • A1. Jumprope: 2x3min
  • A2. Shadowbox: 2x1min
Striking Combos:
  • L Jab, L Jab
  • L Jab, L Jab, R Cross
  • L Jab, R Cross, R Hook
  • L Weave, L Hook, R Cross, L Hook
  • R Weave, R Cross, L Hook, R Cross
Grappling:
  • Takedown defense
        Hopefully I'll be more awake for full-on grappling Wednesday, that's the big gap in my game right now, and since the fight's probably going to be to submission or points, I need to make sure I can end it when it comes down to it... 

Today's TrainingTune: Utopia - Astral Projection

No comments:

Post a Comment