Sunday, January 30, 2011

At least when the dog squats, he gets results...

Doo doo. That's what my squats were like today, but I think I made up for it with the rest of the training session. Trying not to let it get me down- I feel bad making a training log post without any appreciable gains being made in the big lifts.

A1. Squat

Hip Mobility
2 x 8 x 45#
2 x 5 x 135#
2 x 3 x 225#
1 x 2 x 275#
1 x 305#
1 x 325# was way forward, and this was harder than it should have been.
0 x 345#

Well, that sucked. I hadn't missed a squat yet in this cycle. Missing one so low compared to my 1RM from a year ago just sucks. So I decided to punish myself with...

B1. SSB Good Mornings

I was planning on GMs, but not with the SSB. After that last squat, I decided to use it.

4 x 3 x 225#

Holy crap those were hard. Having the bar higher on my back, combined with the yoke pushing the weight even more forward... wow. But I did them all, just barely.

C1. Pull Ups

5 x 5 x bw + medium band

C2. Strict OH Press

3 x 8 x 135#

Pull ups are progressing, which is good. OH Press felt great.

D1. Farmer Holds

3 x 30s x 180# per hand

Grip felt great today. Seriously, if not for that last rep on the squats, this would be a great overall workout. I just hate missing/wasting an ME Squat day with only 4 weeks of training left for the meet. Next session I'm going to play with my warmup and see if that's the culprit.

No comments:

Post a Comment