Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Safety Squat Bar- Activate!

This training log is from yesterday, as the internet at our house is out and I couldn't post this till today.

Yesterday was a pretty long day- I worked 11 hours the day before, and was dealing with negotiating the sale of our house in IL (which may be dead at this point...). I was overly stressed all day, but I had training to look forward to, especially after hearing that the SSB was finally delivered, and that my wife pulled 325. I can't have her inching so close to my strength, dammit! :)

So I done went and did some work:

A1. Deadlift
2 x 5 x 135#
2 x 3 x 225#
2 x 2 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 365#
1 x 395#

395# is the highest I've pulled since last spring. My deadlift is a mysterious beast- I won't be able to pull over 400# while training for a meet and then I'll go pull 450#-plus at the meet. It makes planning my attempts quite difficult, so I am trying to fix that on this cycle. The 395 didn't go up pretty, and it's debatable if I locked it out, but I don't care- I'm calling it good for ego's sake.

B1. Safety Squat Bar Box Squats

Say that 3 times fast...

12 x 260 (3,3,3,2,1)

B2. Barbell Rows

6 x 4 x 185#

The SSB absolutely tore up my back. I now understand why it's supposed to be great for posture, and for both the deadlift and back squat. That beast isn't coming out every training session, but I'm glad to have it in the arsenal. Pic below:


C1. Hip Prehab/Mobility

C2. Unloading everything from B1 and B2

I didn't last any longer than this- I was planning on some grip work and some plate holds, but I was done. I'll work that in on DE Upper tonight or tomorrow.

Overall, I think my training is going well. I'm nervous about the meet in March, but hey, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment