Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Bench was on FYAH!

Fyah, Fire, whatever. Tonight was ME Bench night with some DE sprinkled in. Working 11 hour days has been rough on the training schedule but I am determined to get the work in. The meet is only 4.5 weeks away.

A1. Bench Press

1 x 8 x 45#
2 x 5 x 95#
2 x 3 x 135#
2 x 2 x 185#
1 x 225#
1 x 245#
1 x 265#

Man, it felt good tonight. I had probably 270# or 275# in me. Yeah, not a lot by a 198# PL-er's standards, but for me, it's a step in the right direction. My lovely wife spotted me between checking on the tasty smelling dinner upstairs.

B1. Board Bench Press

12 x 290# (2,3,3,2,2,)

Felt good. And here is where the session ended abruptly.

At one point during these sets, the dog started crying at the door. We figured he heard me grunting. We let him downstairs, he was good and stayed while I lifted. We, realized shortly after that he was crying for another reason- to save our (and his) lives. Jessica was literally down there to spot me for 10 minutes, but something caught in the kitchen and smoked out the kitchen in that time. No flames, thank God. Jess got the smoking pan out, I got Jess and Vino into the garage, opened the windows, got some fans out to clear the house. Smoke is all gone, the house smells OK though we set out baking soda to absorb the residual odor.


We ordered Chinese. The dog still wants to play. We are having some wine. All is well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment