Thursday, May 12, 2011

I Did a Big Boy Pullup!

Earlier this week, I started my DE Upper workout and felt that all-too-familiar twinge in my left scapula- a pinched nerve storm was a-brewin'. After a good pin press (6 x 2 x 275#), I was warming up snatch-grip high pulls and had to stop to avoid a possible setback. Today I modified my DE Lower to fit in some DE Upper stuff. Adaptation is a good thing. Perhaps a blog post on the animation side of that coming up.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Mobility/Prehab

Squat Pulls
Leg Swings
Shoulder In/Ext Rotations
Glute-Ham Bridges
Scapular Band Pulldowns
X-Band Walks
Foam Rolling

B1.Clean and Press

8 x 45#
5 x 85#
3 x 135#
6 x 2 x 155#

C1. Squat w/ 20# Chains

4 x 6 x 185# + 2 chains

D1. UNASSISTED PULLUPS YEAH

4 x 3 x bw

That's right, bodyweight only. Yeah, I'm only 205#. But 12 body weight pullups has been a bizarre hurdle for me, and I finally got them. Fuckin' A.


D2. Blast Strap Ab Fallouts

4 x 6 x bw

It felt good to get in the gym and get the work in today. It was topped off by some awesome Enchiladas prepared by Jess. And then some leftover pizza later. And some more food after that. Food.

No comments:

Post a Comment