Monday, May 23, 2011

Two Almost-Me-Sized Farmers

Man, I had no idea what I was gonna do in the gym tonight. It's Monday, so work was a lot of email and meetings, so lots of sitting. I got home, Vino the dog was high as a kite (he had his teeth cleaned and a microchip implanted today- he's a bionic dog!), there was delicious chicken roasting in the oven while Jess was training in the garage. It was the perfect storm of huh whaaaaa? So I did what any sane person would do- I squatted.

DE Lower

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

B1. Squat w/ 20# Chains

8 x 45#
8 x 135#
5 x 185#
3 x 225#
2 x 275#
4 x 3 x 255# + 2 chains

This got real heavy, real fast. I rested more than I normally do to compensate. At one point I caught Vino's head tracking the chains swinging around in a very Dazed and Confused moment.

C1. Pullups (unassisted, yeeeah boyyyeeee)

4 x 4 x bw

Some of these were questionable but I'm counting them, dammit. It's been that kinda day.

D1. OH Squats

4 x 6 x 95#

Heh, forgot to add these in. These were painful after the pullups.

E1. Farmer Holds

11s x 200# per hand
16s x 200# per hand
20s x 200# per hand

SO close to my bodyweight per hand (I'm currently tracking at 205#). My goal is to hold my bodyweight per hand for 3 sets of 30 seconds. It'll help my deadlift, and if I can hold it, I can walk with it for 80 feet.


I had no faith in this training session going well, but it turned out great. I had an insane idea that I'd do Tire Flip finishers but by the time I unloaded the farmer handles, my lower back was toast and I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment