Saturday, May 7, 2011

Squats, Grips and Sleds

Today was ME Squat day capped off with some sled dragging after having watched a WSM marathon on ESPN2.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

Leg Swings
Squat Pulls
Ankle Mobility
Int/Ext Rotations
Scapular Band Pulldown

B1. Squat

8 x 45#
8 x 135#
5 x 225#
1 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 350#

the 350# is a Seattle PR and the most I've squatted in a year. It felt really good- I flew out of the bottom and got stuck at my normal 3/4 squat sticking point, so it's time to work the 3/4 or 2/3 squats back in, I think. Want to get 400# by year's end.






As you can tell by the video, I didn't believe my wife when she told me it was deep enough, but the video shows that it was! I'm putting just the PR up in full for comedic effect (including my high pitched disbelief of everything my wife says in it.). :)


C1. 1-Armed Rows

6 x 4 x 110#

D1. Strict OH Press

3 x 8 x 135#

E1. Farmer Holds

3 x 190#/hand (15s, 11s, 10s)

With my grip failing recently I thought it was time to add these back in. Harder than I remember...

F1. Forward Sled (Prowler) Drag & Push

3 x 20 yards forward drag uphill, 20 yards push downhill x 140# + Prowler



A great session about to be topped off with some NY Strip Steaks that I'm gonna grill. Mmmmm steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment