Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Speedy Squats!

If ever I need a reminder of why I should make sure I eat all my food for the day, I should look back to tonight's training session.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

Squat Pulls (executed while playing fetch outside with Vino- he demanded as much as soon as I walked through the door)
Leg Swings
Int/Ext Rotations
Scapular Band Pulldowns

B1. SSB Speedy Squats

8 x 85#
5 x 175#
2 x 265#
4 x 3 x 285#

B2. 3" Pinch Grip

4 x 20# (2 5# plates, 1 10# plate) - 12s, 20s, 20s, 15s

I felt the lack of calories all throughout this part of the session. I had the food with me at work, but was in meetings from 4-6:30, and I usually eat again at 4:15 or so. I had a protein shake before I left the office but it wasn't enough- protein shake != steak and potatoes...

C1. Pullups

4 x 4 x bw only

It felt like I gained 100# since the last time I did these. Around here I was dreaming of food.

C2. OH Squat

4 x 6 x 95#

C3. Blast Strap Ab Fallouts

4 x 6 x bw

Bottom line- I can't expect to train well if I don't eat enough. I puttered (not powered) through the session but tomorrow's needs to be better.

2 comments:

  1. Yeh dude, how can you expect to have any pudding or squats if you don't eat yer meat?!?

    ReplyDelete