Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Light Upper Work

Today was DE Upper day. Considering the fact that my shoulders, upper back and left pec haven't been right for almost 3 weeks, I took it VERY light tonight. Turns out it was the right decision, as it was the first pain-free upper session I've had in weeks.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

B1. Speed Bench

8 x 95#
5 x 135#
3 x 185#
1 x 225#
4 x 3 x 205#

A little creaky during warmup but the light weight for the speed bench felt hard, but not to the point where I felt I was going to strain anything again.

C1. Strict OH Press

8 x 45#
5 x 95#
4 x 6 x 135#

These took my shoulders to the edge of comfort, but no pain. I got through all the sets with maybe one push press rep.


D1. 2" Grip BB Row

5 x 5 x 135#

D2. 1-Armed Tricep Extensions

4 x 6 x 30#

E1. Plate Holds

3 x 20s x 45#

Overall, the session felt great. My elbow tendons are a bit tweaked right now, but heat and ice are helping. It felt good to finally have a full Upper training session with relatively little/no pain, low weights be damned.

No comments:

Post a Comment