Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pinch Me Pull Me

Training this week took a detour with my shoulders and pinched nerve acting up, but all that REALLY meant was that I was well-rested for ME deadlift day.

A1. Hip/Shoulder Prehab/Mobility

B1. Deadlift

8 x 135#
5 x 225#
3 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 375#
1 x 425# (Gym PR)

I felt pretty miserable with the 315#, but 375# felt good so I went for the 425# and got it. Watching the video it went up way faster than it felt like it did (And I think I could have gotten 435#), and I needed to hold it at the top for a split second longer for it to not be a questionable lift, but it's on the board as a PR!





C1. SSB 12" Box Squats

4 x 3 x 285#

These felt good after the deadlift, and not much lower back pump after them either. While I was grinding these out Jessica PR'd her deadlift at 360#, because she has to keep pace with mine :)

D1. 1-Armed Rows

5 x 5 x 110#

These were way harder than I expected, but I got them all with minimal cheating towards the end...

E1. BB Ab Twist... Landmine... AbTrunkCore Twist... things

3 x 8 x 70#

I was using the BB in the Econo Core Blaster dealie. Let's officially call these AbTrunkCore Twists.

E2. 2.75" Pinch Grip Holds

3 x 30# per hand (15s,25s,25s)

For such a posterior-heavy day, I felt surprisingly good at the end of this session... We took the dog for a walk and then BBQ'd some sliders, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, and bacon. In. My. Belly.


The PR got me to 1050 total raw. my goal for August is 1100 and my end of year goal is 1200. Barring any setbacks I am confident I can get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment