Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby Oil > WD-40

My garage smells like tacky.


Baby oil is better than WD-40 for removing tacky from my skin.


Also, it smells better.


Best of all, I PR'd my stone lifting today, thanks mostly to this guy for helping me out with form, tacky usage, and encouragement.

A1. Hip/Shoulders Mobility/Prehab

B1. Hammer Curls

4 x 8 x 25#

B2. Front Squat

4 x 8 x 135#

The curls and front squats were warmup for the stones.

C1. Atlas Stone 49" lift

3 x 2 x 175#
0 x 175# ran out of gas

I got some tacky and some tape at the advice of Bob, and man, it makes a HUGE difference. I lapped the stones much easier today, even raised the bar 5" (I was wrong in saying it was 48" before, it was 44"). I need to work on my setup and my speed, but I am very happy with my progress so far.


Videooooooo:





D1. OH Press

2 x 8 x 45#
2 x 5 x 95#
2 x 3 x 135#
2 x 2 x 155#

Just wanted to get some light reps in.

E1. High Pulls

6 x 4 x 135#

Working on my explosiveness for snatches.

F1. Farmer Holds

25s x 130#/hand
25s x 180#/hand
25s x 220#/hand

Grippy grip grip work. I think next time I'll drop the set for 180# and go right to 220# so i can do a few and hold it longer. Gotta get this up.


A great session for me as well as for Jess- she used her deadlift suit with great success today, and we capped it off with turkey leftovers. I want to bottle the amazing feeling I had after today's training and give it to people whenever they question why I do this. Pretty sure they'd get it right away.