Saturday, November 26, 2011

Baby Oil > WD-40

My garage smells like tacky.


Baby oil is better than WD-40 for removing tacky from my skin.


Also, it smells better.


Best of all, I PR'd my stone lifting today, thanks mostly to this guy for helping me out with form, tacky usage, and encouragement.

A1. Hip/Shoulders Mobility/Prehab

B1. Hammer Curls

4 x 8 x 25#

B2. Front Squat

4 x 8 x 135#

The curls and front squats were warmup for the stones.

C1. Atlas Stone 49" lift

3 x 2 x 175#
0 x 175# ran out of gas

I got some tacky and some tape at the advice of Bob, and man, it makes a HUGE difference. I lapped the stones much easier today, even raised the bar 5" (I was wrong in saying it was 48" before, it was 44"). I need to work on my setup and my speed, but I am very happy with my progress so far.


Videooooooo:





D1. OH Press

2 x 8 x 45#
2 x 5 x 95#
2 x 3 x 135#
2 x 2 x 155#

Just wanted to get some light reps in.

E1. High Pulls

6 x 4 x 135#

Working on my explosiveness for snatches.

F1. Farmer Holds

25s x 130#/hand
25s x 180#/hand
25s x 220#/hand

Grippy grip grip work. I think next time I'll drop the set for 180# and go right to 220# so i can do a few and hold it longer. Gotta get this up.


A great session for me as well as for Jess- she used her deadlift suit with great success today, and we capped it off with turkey leftovers. I want to bottle the amazing feeling I had after today's training and give it to people whenever they question why I do this. Pretty sure they'd get it right away.

2 comments:

  1. doesn't that damage your floor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, the stone is landing on 4" of plywood and 1" of rubber matting, all of which are on top of the concrete floor in the garage. Granted I haven't looked under the platform since I built it :)

    ReplyDelete