Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving and Torture

Hello internet friends, I'm back. My arms aren't though, I'm typing with invisible fingers. Why?



Messing around with a new move, I'm not certain what it's called, but I first saw Jeyne butterfly do it, so I call it the Jeyne drop. Typically this should be done on a higher pole, but I don't have much vertical room to work with, so I tried to end it in a splits instead. (Now that I can finally do them, wooot!) I really need to work on landing softer on that one.

Here is some freestyle dancing:



I've just been insane busy, work has me pulling 60 hour weeks (I know I know, that's nothing compared to what we've all done) but I'm also keeping up on an hour a day of exercise, dance classes, and studying pymel (which is getting more and more delicious by the day). Funny, I've always been of the opinion that if something isn't fun, it just means you aren't good enough at it yet, and all the crazy torturous things I've been attempting lately are really proving that truth.

I was going to drop Salsa, last monday was my last session. During the 3 hours I was there, I realized that salsa is just pole dancing with a partner... crap. I can't stop. I love how everything comes around full circle; at the end of the day it doesn't matter which martial art you're learning, a punch is a punch is a punch.

Time to go cook now, in observance of this holiday, or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment