Sunday, November 6, 2011

Deload and Stones

Today was day 1 of deload week, but I just HAD to play with my new Atlas Stone :)


No video. Battery still dead. Whoops.

A1. Hip/Shoulders Mobility/Prehab              

B1. Deadlift
8 x 45#
2 x 8 x 135#
5 x 225#
2 x 275#
1 x 315#
2 x 335#
2 x 360#
2 x 385#
1 x 385#

The 3 reps at 385# were supposed to be a set of 4, but man, my hands ran out. Grip was dead. And this is the DELOAD part of the 6 week deadlift program... supposed to test my 1RM next week. We'll see about that...

C1. 1-Arm Rows

4 x 10 x 80#

C2. JM Press

3 x 8 x 55#

Kept the rows and JM Presses nice and light.

D1. 48" Atlas Stone Load

2.5 x 1 x 175#                              

This would have been 3, but the first rep I lapped and realized that as I tried to stand up, my belt and the stone were pinching my upper abdomen to the point of too much pain to finish the lift. Still, I'm happy with it- it's the first time I've ever gotten a stone up and over anything! Woot.


Talk about a full body workout, though. After the second one, my entire body was done. Definitely going to be a lot of work getting used to this lift.

2 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention, as hard as it was to lift the stone, it is an AWESOME feeling to have been able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Not only lifting the stone, but lifting a stone you made. Even better!

    ReplyDelete