Saturday, March 31, 2012

ouch



Seth and I double tested for our second degree yellow last night. It was intense, I vomited afterwards. (Something I haven't done in a REALLY long time.) I wanted to die, but I think we made an ok show of it.

The black belt test... holy crap. He wasn't even legit testing for black, it was his second degree brown. I was going to spend my whole post ranting about it, but then I read Seth's post about not ruining it for you guys. Screw it, plan A.

Poor Gerald, that living machine. He ran 5 miles, did 70 squats, 70 situps, 70 pushups, helped with every testing up to his test, and then performed admirably. I won't go into details because I'm running late for an event, but suffice it to say, it was brutal, and at one point, involved all the adults in the class literally beating him up. His face looked like it had been through a meat grinder, and I wince to imagine the rest of it. I wanted to protect him, and I was so simultaneously proud.

Ok, running way late- doing a morning class, and then a glassblowing seminar... something I have wanted to learn my -entire- -life-. Excellent. Goddamn, but I love learning.


PS... those hand bruises are gone, and it's the next day. Apparently my wolverine healing power extend to the less commonly injured extremities... now I'm curious if my face heals this quick.

3 comments: