Wednesday, March 28, 2012

to hell with redemption

        It is officially Test Week!  Pre-testing Monday went ok, although i tripped up a tiny bit on kick combos.  Eh, what can I say, I was nervous!  Like i said, I haven't tested for a belt in many years, heck, I haven't really performed at all in years outside of work, so overall it's all kinds of a new/re-visited experience.  The prospect of advancement always makes me nervous too, it's always fun.

        That actually brings to mind a somewhat rant about martial arts and belts, although not the one you probably think.  See, i actually am of an opposite mind about belts, and that's that I fucking like getting new belts.  Now, i agree, it's not about the belt, but what it IS about is getting to learn new stuff.  Reality is, you don't get to learn new techniques and train with more experienced people if you don't get the belts.  That's what it's about, being able to increase your knowledge, and moreso, being in a position to pass it on.  And yeah yeah i know we've all had the douchebag black belt instructor who didn't know dick, whatever.  You're going to run into those people, so you should make it a priority to get up in the ranks so YOU can LESSEN the number of douchebag incompetent black belt instructors out there.  I could go on and on about this, but not tonight.  My brain is not in a good place.  Maybe that'll be my after test rant.

knowledge
I'll just take a bit of this knowledge with me...

        Crosspit wasn't terribly murderous today, but I'll admit the stations weren't awful.  I haven't done floorwipers in a while, in fact, I haven't done anything with a straight bar in a while, and I gotta admit, pushing the bar up, even at 115 felt really foreign.  MUST.  GET.  BACK.  IN.  GYM.

Totally spacing on what we did at Kickboxing...

Crosspit:
Warmup:
  • A1. Jumprope: 2x4min
  • A2. Shadowbox: 2x1min
Main:
  • B1. 24" Box jump: 3x1min
  • B2. Burpee: 3x1min
  • B3. Floorwiper: 115 3x1min
  • B4. Bag punch: 3x1min
  • B5. Bag kick: 3x1min
  • B6. Abs: 3x1min
Fun round:
  • C1. L head kick: x50
  • C2. R head kick: x50
        Some days flexibility isn't an issue, some days it is.  I'm finding i'm less good at kicking against pads because i don't adjust properly and kick from weird positions.  Need to get better about being quick on the moves.

Today's TrainingTune: Inspiration - Mushroomhead

No comments:

Post a Comment