Friday, March 30, 2012

undying flame

         Today was hands down the hardest cycle i've been through at Tribull since I started.  Part of that I attribute to the absolutely shitty night I had last night, well, not shitty,  just not good sleep, and the fact that we sparred.  Man I haven't sparred in a long time, which was good because it makes me realize how much work I have to do before my fight.  Thankfully the fights got pushed back to May, so maybe I can get myself to a point where I don't totally embarrass myself on the mats.  Ah, who am I kidding, that's probably inevitable at this point, but nothing wrong with getting a good dose of humility...Like i did today in class.

        I learned probably the most horrible thing in the world you can do with a medicine ball that won't make you have to register as sex offender in most states.  Who the hell comes up with a thing called Medicine Ball Abdominal Burpees?  I mean, that has to be some kind of criminal insanity, but man...ok I'm whining, yeah they suck, but i feel like it's the sort of thing I should be doing at least every other day...

passedOut
...it was the superman punches...always the superman punches...

        I need to watch many many videos of people boxing methinks.  This is a completely alien style to me that I have absolutely no actual fight time in, so yeah, i'm a little behind the curve.  Ok, alot behind the curve. Ok, you know what, I'm not even on the same street, there I said it.

Kickboxing:
Warmup:
  • A1. Jumprope: 2x3min
  • A2. Gymjog: 2x2min
Main:
  • A1. L superman punch, R round kick: x1min
  • B1. R superman punch, L round kick: x1min
  • C1. superman punch, round kick, flying knee: x1min
  • B1. Sparring, jabs: x1min
  • B2. Sparring, jab, cross: x1min
  • B3. Sparring, jab, cross, hook: x1min
  • B4. Sparring, freestyle: x1min
Abs:
  • Freestyle: x2min
Crosspit:
Warmup:
  • A1. Jumprope: 2x4min
  • A2. Shadow box: 2x1min
Main:
  • B1. Medball Ab Burpee: 4x1min
  • B2. Bag punch: 4x1min
  • B3. Bag kick: 4x1min
  • B4. Bench dip: 4x1min
  • B5. Landmine punches: 35 4x1min
Fun round:
Negative BW Squats on Medball
  • C1. 10 in 1min
  • C2. 20 in 1min
  • C3. 30 in 1min
  • C4. 30 in 1min
  • C5. 20 in 1min
  • C6. 10 in 1min
        Actually, i take it back, that negative squat pyramid was the worst thing ever.  Trying to climb the stairs to my loft tonight was just not happening.  I did horrible, horrible things to my legs today, but man, it's so fun.  Figured out some new jumprope tricks too, i think I have way too much fun jumping rope.  Ah well, what is training if not fun?  Yeah...good game guys.

Today's TrainingTune: My Obsession - Killswitch Engage

No comments:

Post a Comment