Thursday, February 23, 2012

contemplating, still debating

        Every so often, i mean, not really that often, but you know, every once in a while, I stop and think to myself.  I've heard so many different things about people's experiences with art schools so I can't really make any sort of accurate judgement as to how beneficial it would've been to me, but given what I know of myself and what I've heard from some people, I think I probably wouldn't have made it through.  But every so often, I stop and wonder, you know, what if...what if I had just gone through the grinder and sucked it up.  Where would I have landed?  Pixar?  Disney?  DWA?  

        Ahhhhh, who knows, but honestly, probably for the better that I didn't anyway.  God knows i was a shitty game developer, probably would've been a shitty film artist too.  Ah well, it's funny though, I feel like now that i'm out, I'm going to have more time and drive to contribute back to maybe not the industry, but definitely the community.  I feel like for the first time in a while, I'm doing development work that's worth writing about.  Yeah, alot of it is pretty random, but it's fun and it's good practice.  I do have some tech art related stuff coming down the pipe still, I guess I haven't walked away completely...

caniforms
Different form, same heart...

        Lots of self defense today, it's funny the things you remember when you just start drilling.  The thing I'm noticing now is that i'm getting to the point where I can take apart the curriculum sequences and start making my own self-defense combos.  This is fun, and honestly makes me never want to get in a fight.  The things you can do to the human body if you really want to are positively grim and brutal, but I think I have a good enough head to say that I wouldn't put someone through that wringer unless it was an absolute requirement.  Violence for fun a) isn't really violence and b) actually is fun but violence when it's actually required is shit.  I've only been in a few real fights in my life and I gotta say it's the worst thing ever...not something I look forward to repeating.

        Slowly inching my way back to the gym, I walked by the Intel gym today on my way to lunch.  Soon, I'll go in.  Nah, actually they do have at least a semi heavy bag and some decently sized dumbbells, so I should be able to get some good sets in.  I'm thinking a 30 minute dumbbell set and maybe 15-20 on the bag just to work basic combos and tech.  We'll see how it goes.  There's a Gold's near work too, at 15 a month, might be worth the addition.  Yeah, because i need to belong to ANOTHER gym...


Today's TrainingTune: Dominate - HexRx

No comments:

Post a Comment