Monday, February 20, 2012

President's Day Oly

We had the day off today, since my company rocks and all, so why not do a little Oly lifting? I always love to find time to work on my snatch.

A1. Snatch

2 x 4 x 45#
2 x 2 x 65#
2 x 2 x 85#
1 x 105#
1 x 115#
1 x 125# probably (according to Jess) the best rep I've ever done at that weight. Woot.
0 x 2 x 135# my head was NOT in this set at all.
.5 x 135# got under it but couldn't hold it and stand it up

You can see in the video that I needed a few tries on these today. I was just not explosive enough, but I can take the 125# away from it, so it was a good day.

Video:



B1. Weighted Ab Twist (Landmines as the kids say)

3 x 8 x 35# on bar
  
B2. Straight-Leg Deadlift

3 x 12 x 135#

This was going to be a 1-legged deadlift with the bar but 135# was too heavy,and I was too lazy to unload it, so I changed this to Straight-Leg. 

Pretty good session after Saturday's squat work, esp. given how sore I am still. 


No comments:

Post a Comment