Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Little SSB Action

Wanted to some geared deadlifting today, but the pinched nerve in my neck is still not feeling great, so I decided to take some stress off of it by switching to the safety squat bar. I think it was a wise decision.

A1. SSB Squat

2 x 8 x 85#
8 x 135#
5 x 175#
3 x 225#
2 x 275#
3 x 2 x 315#
2 x 1 x 315# 

Was supposed to be four doubles at 315#, but I can't complain. They were all deep enough at least, and my endurance is starting to come back. I'm hoping to triple 315# soon and go from there.

B1. SSB Good Morning

3 x 8 x 175# 

OK, maybe not so smart to put pressure on my neck. Oh well.

C1. 3" Pinch Grip

5 x 5s x 45# per hand

Man, I used to be able to do these for 30 seconds at a pop. I clearly have a lot of work to do to get back real grip strength. The video is embarrassing, especially for how damn whiny I was, but it goes up for posterity...

Videooooos! The bar in front of me during the squats was Jessica's deadlift session. She pulled 345# and made it look easy today!




2 comments:

  1. Love the music selection bro!

    Question on the grips...is that just a hold on a rubber padded 45#?

    Keep it up and hope the neck feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have a thermacare pad on it now, it's helping a bit.

    The 45# plates are bumper plates- all rubber, and a lot slicker than I had anticipated. It'll take a while to get a long hold on them...

    ReplyDelete