Friday, February 10, 2012

moar bruises

Hey guys,

Been awhile... I typically don't like posting unless I have something to physically show for it. Since I've switched from dance to martial arts, I don't really have pretty videos to put up... so here's some bruises.









Life's been beautiful and wonderful. I love being back in a gym with a master I respect, and I feel like I've been slowly shedding shackles for years. Things I didn't even know were weighing me down. Letting go of labels like, "tech artist", "game developer", "wife"... these things that were once so core to my being, I find that I'm left with "me". It's a nice feeling.

Class has been great! We did a grappling session that left me immobile for half a day, and before that a minute making waves on a hemp rope. I love the diversity of junk sifu throws at us.

On a side note, I'm starting to get kinda buff, which is awesome. Yvonna wanted to submit me for a modeling gig so I took some figure shots for her. It really surprised me... apparently my body looks a lot different head on than it does top down. Guess that happens when you're too busy to look in a mirror, it sneaks up on you.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you're just a better, more evolved/enlightened person than i am i suppose ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, it's just that being upset and angry drains me of strength, whereas it strengthens you. Two different approaches.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete