Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinched, er, Push Presses...

Decided that I needed to work on some thicker grip OH pressing, so I started this week with that. My god, I love Fat Gripz but once I got to higher weight I was wishing we had a real fat/axle bar...

A1. 2.5" Grip (Simulated Axle/Fat Gripz) Push Press

2 x 8 x 45#
5 x 95#
3 x 135#
2 x 155#
1 x 175#
1 x 195#
1 x 215# dumped the bar here and was done :/

Used Fat Gripz to get a 2.5" grip for a simulated axle grip push press. Dumping the bar pinched a nerve in my neck that didn't flare up until I was done with training. I like my heating pad.

Teh Videos:



B1. Pullups

4 x 6 x bw w/medium band
  
B2. Blast Strap Ab Fallouts

4 x 8 x bw

Aside from dumping the bar a good session. The pinched nerve afterwards sucks, but we have enough tools to work it out that I'll be fine tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 215 with wide grips? Hardstyle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Though my neck isn't agreeing with the decision today. I should have just dropped it when I dumped it instead of trying to save it...

    ReplyDelete