Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the first will just laugh

        Posting up two days worth of workouts since i didn't make a post yesterday.  Totally meant to, just had to get a presentation in order for this morning.  It was a fun presentation for me at least, being in GDC mode and taking stock of how I carry myself is always fun.  I take every opportunity to speak to groups of any size in the days leading up to GDC, and it is literally days at this point.  I never sweat the content of my talks, but the delivery is crazy.  I want people to be engaged, I want people to have fun, and I want people to at least take one major point with them, so anything I can do to make my content more memorable is fine by me...

bearfacepalm
But dude, seriously? A bear costume..?

        So I've found that a 5x5x5 dumbbell workout can be done in 30 minutes, provided rest periods are kept solid.  That's 5x5 for 5 stations.  Tomorrow i want to toss in a bodyweight set and a power set, so we'll see if I can keep it to the 30 minutes, having 15 on the backend to do some bagwork is great.  I feel like my strikes are getting more solid per session, and my adds hurt less now that I've gotten some kick tech back.  My fight got moved:( but I'll take the time for some additional conditioning and training.  Wrestling starts up tomorrow, so I'm jazzed about that.  Wrestling is a whole different kind of grappling, looking forward to really working the explosives.

(Yesterday)
  • Dumbbell Bench: 60 5x5
  • Dumbbell Incline: 50 5x5
  • Dumbbell Shoulders: 40 5x5
  • Lateral Raise: 25 5x5
  • Dumbbell Row: 80 5x5
(Today)
Warmup:
  • A1. Jump Rope: 2x3min
  • A2. Shadowbox: 2x1min
Main:
  • B1. Double Unders: 3min
  • B2. Box Jumps: 3min
  • B3. One Arm KB Swings: 3min
  • B4. Heavy Bag Punch: 3min
  • B5. Heavy Bag Kick: 3min
  • B6. Ground n Pound: 3min
Blastout:
Blackjack!
  • C1. Pushup: x1
  • C2. BW Squat: x2
  • ...
  • C20. BW Squat: x20
  • C21. Pushup: x21
        Sweet jeebus I've missed Crosspit, tho it's only been a week and some change.  The high intensity stuff is the highlight of my week, i imagine once i get to kickboxing and mma i'll get more of that.  Still feeling my way through the new job, and though it affords me a greater degree of flexibility, still want to get my head around everything first before I settle on a final schedule.  

Life is good.

Today's TrainingTune: Next To Last - Mindless Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment