Thursday, September 15, 2011

estas la muerte

I had promised myself i was going to give split squats an honest go but you know, i just can't seem to get the technique.  Honestly I think i'm just going to have to go all the way back to zero and practice with the bar.  Maybe just get up to really high reps with the bar and THEN start adding on 10 lbs at a time or something silly like that.  Definitely a longer term progression, but overall i think worth it given what I get out of split squats.  Seriously, split squats are like curls for your quads, except you can do them in the squat rack.  So boss.

So, the Jon Stewart segment on Muscled Americans was hilarious, i never get tired of hearing about Planet Fitness. It's funny you know, it may just be because i'm getting old, or maybe i'm just tired all the time, or i dunno, maybe it's because i got married and had a kid (wait, no, what?), but you know, i just don't care anymore.  You wanna curl in the squat rack?  You know dude, that's fine, i'll get my lifts in when you're done, i can move my shit around, it's cool.  And this I think is what strikes me the funniest about Planet Fitness, is I guess they're under the impression that powerlifters, bodybuilders, strongmen, whatever are a judgmental lot, and fair dues, yeah i used to be, but you know...i think about alot of the powerlifters and otherwise heavy training dudes i know/hang out with and honestly, they don't really care either.  I mean yeah sure, we all make snide tweets about it, but that's just us being silly.  Planet Fitness's equating one who grunts with one who judges is definitely an interesting connection to make.  Ah well:

  • Squat: 180/205/230x10
  • RDL: 5x5 205
  • Front Squat: 5x5 185
  • Jump Squat: 5x5 275
  • Back Raise: 4x10 40
  • Wukong: 5x6

I'm feeling myself in a rather RPGish mood, i think probably having to do with all the media coming out of TGS.  Dragon's Dogma, despite what the too-cool-for-school editors at Joystiq think looks REALLY fuckin cool to me, sorta like a what Dragon Age would've been if it had been...fun and had real gameplay.  Trine 2 is looking rather sweetish as well, really tempted to go back and give Trine another shot.  It's funny how many RPGs are sitting on my hard drive right now just begging to be played, from Dungeons of Dredmor to DX:HR.  Still trying to convince myself to give Bastion more time, but that PC control scheme really just kills it, to the point where I'm not sure i'm going to finish the game, as much as i want to see more of the art:(  I'm sure i'll give it another go, I'm far enough along that it would probably be a waste of time and 15 bucks if i didn't finish it at this point.

I continue have hope for Asura's Wrath mainly just because of how often they show content.  It's like, every trade show, you see something new from the game, which makes me think it's either at a state where they can just cut off a chunk of content when the need arises or they burn the team into the ground every time a trade show approaches.  Either way, i'm diggin what's coming down that pipe...

TrainingTune o'the PM: Pulse Of The Deranged - Sonik Foundry

No comments:

Post a Comment