Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Snatch Is Not A Dirty Word

Today, I learned how to power snatch! The internet taught me (many videos), and Jessica, having dabbled in Oly lifting before, watched and corrected my form as I progressed. I gotta say, it was fun. Maybe I'll become an Oly lifter.... nah :)

A1. Hip/Shoulders Mobility/Prehab

B1. OH Squat (light warmup)

3 x 8 x 45#                  

C1. Snatch

8 x 45#
6 x 65#
4 x 85#
2 x 105#
1 x 125#
2 x 1 x 135#

These got hard around 125#- not so much the weight, but trusting myself to get under the bar and catch it at the end. Still, I liked how these all felt and am looking forward to the explosive strength they help me develop!

D1. JM Press

3 x 8 x 55#

D2. Pullups

4 x 6 x bw + medium band

E1.   Deadlift for Reps in 30 Seconds

8 x 315#
5 x 315#          

I got an endurance event in with the deadlifts at the end. it was supposed to be 3 sets of 30 seconds, but my hands laughed/screamed at me when I tried to grip the bar on the last one and I couldn't do a thing with it.


Overall, a good session!

No comments:

Post a Comment