Monday, September 19, 2011

obstacles to climb

The reality of heavier main lifts is setting it, but let's be honest, my main lifts still aren't THAT heavy.  Another sign i'm getting old, a weekend of late nights cannot be offset by a single evening of good-ish sleep.  It was a good weekend though, i'd do it again.  I had a weird almost panic moment in the gym today, for a brief second, i started wondering about why i was lifting and what the point of progressing was, then a little feeling of dread hit me about what happens when i stop progressing.  Then i remembered i have bigger reasons to keep progressing now, and it was all good.  It's funny how logic escapes me sometimes.  For some reason, I had pushed aside the fact that you CAN'T progress forever at certain rates, at some point you have to progress slowly or even reset.  Jim Wendler says in 5/3/1 that at some point you need to drop your numbers back and start climbing again, why shouldn't it be the same with assistance work?  So i'm going to reset my assistance numbers to account for my bigger main numbers.  Honestly, this has been coming for a bit, i've been missing way more than i should the last couple of training sessions.  No big deal, we're in it for the long haul.  There's always a picture that keeps me going:

  • Press: 95/110/125x6
  • Pullup: 5x5 10
  • A1. DB Push Press: 5x5 50
  • A2. Front Raise: 5x5 30
  • B1. DB Floor Press: 4x10 65
  • B2. DB Shrug: 4x10 65
  • C1. EZ Curl: 4x10 95
  • C2. EZ French: 4x10 70

Gotta say I'm actually looking forward to Gears 3 quite a bit.  It's always fun to see what new tech Epic is tossing into the fray, me being the graphics whore that I am.  My Xbox gaming is quite a bit far behind, largely due to my property manager's inability to schedule eletrical repairs for my apartment.  Sucks, I'm really jonesin to play El Shaddai too:(  Well, maybe I'll make it a point to get that done by the end of October.  It's funny though, I'm noticing that I only play console exclusives on my Xbox, really diggin having a good gaming PC.  Saint's Row 3....awww yeah.

TrainingTune o'the Morn: Everything I Have (Xentrifuge Remix) - The Panic Lift

No comments:

Post a Comment