Monday, October 17, 2011

7 lies multiplied by 7

        You may rule in this fake place surrounded by the trappings of our poorly conceived and inaptly named "civilization, but down here in the real, i own you.  You may be king, but I am Vesuvius, and no mere mortal man can stand against a force of nature.

        After 4 days off it was good to get back under the bar, and boy, i realized how little i ate over the last 4 days.  Seriously, the majority of my caloric intake came from beer over the last four days, but you know it was good beer at least and a great time was (hopefully) had by all, I know I enjoyed it.

        Returning to Sarasota and going to Ringling was, for reasons I'm not going to go into here, quite a perilous thought for me, but at the end I feel like it turned out to be a great sort of full circle experience that really clarified a few things for me.  This is the kind of thing I realize i'll never be able to really talk to anyone about because without basically being me and having been through it in the mental and emotional state i was in means no one will have the proper frame of reference, which I'll get used to.  Those demons will never die, but I feel like things like this will help keep them at least dreaming for a good long time.



        I'm still really trying to figure out my numbers, i just don't feel like i'm going heavy enough at all.  And again, i know i'm not going "heavy" but if anything, i know it's super hard to figure out where you should be.  At this point, I'm still using Wendler's formula for estimating 1 RM and averaging out my 3 weeks vs adding a few pounds a cycle, but man i still feel like I'm super light.  It could just be because my sleep and food are getting dialed a bit more.  Funny, i wasn't supposed to squat today, but i figured squatting tomorrow and then getting my legs beat up at Krav was probably not a great combo, even tho I guess i should suck it and be HARDCORE!!!  No, no i shouldn't:

  • Squat: 215/245/275x11
  • Jump Squat: 5x5 275
  • Front Squat: 5x5 195
  • RDL: 5x5 205
  • BB Split Squat: 4x8 105
  • Back Raise: 4x8 60
  • Wide EZ Curl: 3x12 65
  • False EZ Rev Curl: 3x12 45

        Haven't played too many games recently, but man, i saw some at the Ringling GAD critiques that I'd LOVE to play when they get done.  Nice work, guys and gals.

Today's TrainingTune: Shrapnel - Komor Kommando

No comments:

Post a Comment