Wednesday, October 12, 2011

ebb and tide

This is my (third?) attempt at week 1 p90x... but now that I'm back from vacation, I'm pretty set on it sticking. Finally crossed that barrier where exercising feels fantastic, and I'm excited to get back to it everyday. I think that's the best part of having a goal that is less finite than "finish this exercise program" "get skinny" wtf ever motivates people. If you miss a few days, so what, it doesn't change anything. Pick yourself up and try again. This is not a 3 month program, its a lifetime pursuit.

I spent a good amount of time after I shot this training a new drop move, but I had to stop when my shin started bleeding. Ah well, it'll be really cool once I do get it. I love taking these videos, because it really highlights what you're doing well, and what you need to work on. On an obvious note, my left shoulder gave out when I tried to do a sideways lift, so I should focus on weightlifting that muscle group, but on a more subtle note, keeping the toes pointed, and accentuating motions. I'm finally starting to feel a little difference from the weight training... just a little bit more in control of everything and less dependent on centrifugal force... it can only get better from here.

This song, (maroon 5, wake up call) always made me think about gender differences. Most of the "I got cheated on" songs written by men are the "I'm going to end you / your partner", and most womens' "poor me, I'm such a victim". I'm not really a fan of either extreme, but I prefer the attitude of taking control of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment