Sunday, October 30, 2011

Atlas Stones!

I did not plan on training today. Apparently, molding an Atlas Stone is equivalent to a DE Lower/cardio training session. 1.5 hours of stirring 200lbs of concrete, dragging the container around, and filling the mold... holy freaking crap. I feel the need to track this for posterity.

Also I went to the ER for possible cement burn on my left hand. Irony would be the stone setting and me having second to third degree burns on my hand. We'll find out in the next 48 hours.

Pics!

Before:

1.5 hours later:


5 comments:

  1. Nice! Stirring 200 lbs of concrete, eh...Some old school suffering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cement burn? How's that happen? You ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was dumb and didn't wear gloves. I wasn't thinking, honestly. Turns out I am OK. Just some swelling yesterday and some skin flaking today, and my ring finger/pinky and palm burn a little.

    The stone seems to be drying nicely, though! I gotta measure the power rack and build a loading platform this weekend. And then see if I can lift this thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I made this ^%^%^%$ thing, now...can I pick it up? And what to do I do if I can't?

    ReplyDelete