Wednesday, October 5, 2011

blood and wine

I've alluded to the fact that when i go into the gym, I sorta disappear into my own little world, like i imagine most people do, though i think i take it to a tiny bit of an extreme.  I read a ton of articles now about training where the basic premise is something to the effect of "C'mon guys, let's just be honest and admit to ourselves that we all train to look good naked".  You know, I'll say that was true of me for a very brief period, probably due to the fact that at that time training and die (or the results of, at least) WERE in fact getting me attention from the opposite sex.  But overall truth be told, the reason i started lifting seriously on my own was to get better at capoeira, and even more than that well...hehe.

I've always been a fan of superheroes and fantasy characters that were able to perform crazy physical feats (and not in the DBZ sense, that's just stupid, yeah i said it, fuck you, internet), and you know, I look around and see people that do crazy shit like that all the time.  Amazing capoeiristas and other martial artists that can fly and fight, that sorta thing.  At the end of the day, this is always going to be the reason I train, and if i never get to that point, oh well, and yes, it's a laughable stupid goal, but it's mine, so fuck off.  And now here's one such image I use for inspiration (SO stoked for this game, and even moreso to see the treatments of the other Horsemen):


There's a mental switch i still need to flip, getting better with the idea that morning are always going to suck balls, and the fact that it was raining this morning and reminding me of gray shitty seattle mornings didn't help, coupled with a sudden onset of paranoia brought about by a little thing last night that feels like a really old pattern that i'd love to not repeat is being set in motion, well...whatever it's wednesday, i'll get through this week:

  • Bench: 160/180/205x9
  • A1. DB Bench: 5x5 80
  • A2. Pendlay Bent Lateral: 5x5 60
  • B1. Dip: 4x8
  • B2. NG Pulldown: 4x8 140
  • C1. Cable Curl: 3x12 140
  • C2. Rope Extension: 3x12 150
  • BB Split Squat: 4x8 105
  • D1. Cable Hammer: 3x12 100
  • D2. Pushdown: 3x12 150

GDC work begins today, looks like at least two of my submissions got accepted, so I'll be incredibly busy over the next 152 days.  Must keep playing games though!  Even if it's just remembering to keep training skills in glitch, which i'm serious, is TOTALLY CRACK!  I don't know why, i mean this is the sorta stupid personality quirk i have i guess, i'm very much an out of sight out of mind kinda person, but if i have a reason to keep something in mind, well...there it is.  Dipped my toes into the world of Rage, too early to tell if it's what i want it to be, but DEAR FUCKING CHRIST it's gorgeous.  Really, i just want it to be Borderlands with a little bit more care given to the story progression and less feeling like a co-op game with single play shoe horned in.  More on that this weekend after i've spent more time with it.

Today's TrainingTune: Unicorn Death Trap - Mangadrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment