Wednesday, June 29, 2011

plug into my energy

So recently i read an article that stated something to the effect of number of cals doesn't necessarily directly relate to energy levels, which makes sense, but i gotta say i'm definitely seeing that at work now. Relative levels and all that, going from 200g of protein 800 cals to 300g and 1200 cals is making a world of difference, and yeah i know bro-science blah blah you can only use so much etc etc whatever shove it i don't care if you think otherwise don't do it. Anyway, methinks this will be a good transitional week and i'll be well primed to start loading a bit next week and doing some weighted steady state. July is all going to be 1600 calories and since I'll be in my apartment which is about a 25 minute walk from the office, i'll be getting plenty of steady state. Score:

  • Overhead Press: 5x8 95/95/95/95
  • High Pull: 5x5 115
  • Bent Over Row: 4x12 135
  • A1. Lat Pull: 4x12 90
  • A2. Neutral Grip Lat Pull: 4x12 70
  • A3. Kneeling Neutral Grip: 4x12 160
  • Front Raise: 4x12 20
  • Trapbar Static: 4x30s 135
Yeah so overall, as much as I think I wanted (and still sorta want) to, I'm going to go ahead and raise the cals up to 1600 next month, for a grand total of 300g protein and 100g carbs. I'm thinking that many carbs should give me enough energy to maybe put on a tiny bit of strength, or at the very least adjust to the more "strength endurance" focus presented by this rep scheme. Really need to make sure i stay with the cardio and ramp into next month well, I definitely don't want the increased cals to catch up on me. The educated person would say 1600 cals isn't anything to worry about about, but if i know anything about myself, it's that i can get fat on air. Let's not do that...Supercompensation is coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment