Saturday, June 25, 2011

Seattle Summer Classic Recap

Today Jessica and I competed in the USAPL Seattle Summer Classic. It was our first meet in WA after being here for a year (finally!). We meant for it to be a tune-up for Raw Nationals, as well as to meet other lifters from around here and get back into the competitive mindset.

First the numbers:

Squat:

1 x 315#
1 x 352#
0 x 385#

The 385# would have been a PR. The squat felt great so I decided to go for it. I'll get it at nationals.

Bench:

1 x 209#
1 x 237#
1 x 265#

I went very conservative on the bench due to my pec/shoulder injury. I won't complain about these numbers at all, especially since I lifted with no pain, and this was the first heavy benching I've done in 2 months.

Deadlift:

1 x 396#
1 x 440# All time PR!
0 x 460#

On the 460#, I asked Jess to just pick a number and hand it in. I didn't know what the weight was until after I missed the lift.


My class/division was a bit weird. The guy who won is currently dieting for a body building competition and blew the rest of us out of the water (setting records along the way- more if he had remembered to tell them they were American Records). It was also his first meet.

I came in third- the guy who finished second and I had a back and forth battle. Had I gone 9-for-9, I may have beaten him, but I am happy with what I got today.


Here are a few more highlights:

  • Jessica won Best Female Lifter in the Open Class
  • We both PR'd our deadlifts, but I gained ground on the great deadlift race by 15lb. YEAH
  • We saw a girl do a one-legged deadlift. Because she only had one leg. It was pretty damn awesome. She also competed in the bench press.
  • The guy who won my weight class/division benched my deadlift PR.

Overall the meet was great. it felt good to get back into a competition and I am looking forward to Raw Nationals!

No comments:

Post a Comment