Thursday, June 30, 2011

down here it makes the difference

Oof...Didn't really sleep a ton last night so I'm going to be short on the words. That's probably the one encouraging sign, it's actually pretty hard to stay on these "higher" calories. The fact that i'm not sleeping tells me i'm still in a pretty serious deficit, so...ok. But i'll be honest, i'm even more nervous about next month, i mean, yeah i'll be able to work much harder but...i don't want to lose time figuring out how much. Ah well, i'll have my ankle weights saturday so at least the steady state'll be harder..:

  • A1. EZ Curl: 5x8 75
  • A2. EZ French: 5x8 65
  • B1. TRX Curl: 4x12
  • B2. TRX Overhead: 4x12
  • C1. Cable Curl: 4x12 100
  • C2. Stiff Pressdown: 4x12 110 -> 120
  • D1. Bent DB Curl: 4x12 30 -> 25
  • D2. Pushdown: 4x12 130
  • E1. Bent EZ Curl: 4x12 -> 30
  • E2. Overhead Extension: 4x12 100

Man, my guesses were WAY off. Of course today was an anomaly, i was pretty much falling asleep standing up in the gym today. Going to try either this again sunday or my other upper body split i'll be doing alongside 5/3/1. Hopefully i'll have slept saturday. I can't believe Void Malign's not on my Zune, The Fuck?!?

6 comments:

  1. What is the rationale behind doing 5-3-1 on 1200 calories with a bis/tris supersets day and steady-state cardio?? Are you trying to lose fat, get strong, get swole, or improve endurance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha poor writing on my part, i'm not actually doing 5/3/1 yet, that's not till august or so. I have an upper body split designed to be done alongside my 5/3/1 and i'm going to try that out, but not yet do 5/3/1. Mainly just to see how it feels since i have an extra workout slot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...nonetheless I've read a bunch of your posts, for the record I still can't tell if your goal is fat loss, strength, hypertrophy, or endurance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mainly fat loss for a further 8 weeks. I do the hypertrophy stuff just because in my old age i don't want to lose TOO much mass and i do the endurance stuff just because it's fun. When I'm on fat loss i seem to make progress on just about any protocol as long as my calories are in check, so i switch things up just for the hell of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an awful lot of volume for the goal of preserving lean mass on a starvation diet*, but whatever works for you brah, good luck.

    *I am assuming you are not a 100lb sedentary female

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah it's actually been a fun experiment seeing how far i can go, never one to shy away from doing work. Yeeeah, haven't a 100lb anything for about 25 years...

    ReplyDelete