Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bloody Deadlift PRs

Got my first nosebleed while lifting today. That's how you know it was a real Max Effort, I guess...

A1. Prehab/Mobility

B1. Deadlift

8 x 135#
5 x 225#
2 x 275#
1 x 315#
1 x 395
1 x 445# PR!

445# is an all-time deadlift PR. I popped an ammonia cap before the lift for a little more adrenaline, the lockout may have been questionable and I about passed out right after the bar hit the floor, but I'm freaking counting it. Nose bled a little after. My brain feels OK, though... 

C1. Push Press

8 x 45#
5 x 95#
3 x 155#
1 x 185#
3 x 2 x 205#

I missed DE Upper this week so I wanted to get some heavy shoulder work in. Right shoulder is still a bit creaky but again is nothing impeding my strength.

D1. 1/4 Squats

8 x 135#
5 x 225#
3 x 315#
4 x 6 x 425#

Figured since my hips were already warm, I'd work on some squat lockout techniques. These felt great.

E1. Squat Finisher

30 x 135#                  

Just because. :)


Great session. Time to shower, eat and nap.

5 comments:

  1. Is that 200kg+ on the deadlift?

    Holy shit - I pulled my back a little doing 62kg the other day due to poor technique and the fact it was my first ever deadlift - Only tried it because this blog and Fitocracy kinda caught my curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah, yes it was. Maf is hard, I had to think about that for a sec. deadlifting is HARD. form is so important to not only lift the weight but prevent injury. make sure you don't round your back over. imagine doing a barbell row, and how you have your scapulas tight and pulled back. keep that form for the bottom of a deadlift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a good article: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/mastering_the_deadlift_part_i

    ReplyDelete
  4. even better is part 2, for form. esp. the rack pull part: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/mastering_the_deadlift_part_ii

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. Hopefully prevent the ibuprofen gel needed on my lower back after last time :D

    Any tips for squats. I've failed to do 10 x 62kg, not cause I can't handle the weight but I can't keep my balance at the bottom of the squat. Really again because of techique - I'm just winging it. Need to know how to do one properly

    ReplyDelete