Saturday, July 16, 2011

Farmer Walks and Ribs (and some Pizza too)

ME Lower daaaaaaay! Today was supposed to start with the ribs on the grill before we lifted, but I forgot I was helping a neighbor move furniture before this training session... so yeah, the ribs didn't happen till much later. Now the ribs are going while we await some pizza to tide us over. We're hungry.

A1. Prehab/Mobility

B1. Squat

8 x 45#
8 x 135#
5 x 185#
3 x 225#
2 x 275#
1 x 315#
3 x 1 x 345#

C1. 1-Arm Row

5 x 5 x 120#

D1. 1-Leg BB Deadlift

4 x 6 x 105#          

These are still so, so hard.

E1. AbTrunCoreTwists

3 x 8 x 85#

F1. Farmer Walks (40 ft uphill. 40 ft downhill)

4 x 140#/hand

I dropped the weight on these today so I could practice turning/re-gripping. They felt great, if not torturous.


Overall a good session. I felt a bit discouraged at the end because I feel like my squat is stagnant- I was planning on going up to 375# but the 345# felt like garbage so I took Dave Tate's advice and worked to what I thought my max was for today. Hopefully next squat session, I'll feel better and get me a PR.


Ribs on the grill, pizza on the way, wife by my side, dog running around, ice on my back. Not a bad day, I guess.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment