Saturday, August 6, 2011

Deloading For Nationals

2 weeks till I lift at USAPL Raw Nationals. I'm competing against 49 other 198ers, and 34 of us are Open. The qualifying totals are intimidating, so I'm taking a different approach for this meet:


That approach is: "Fuck it, I want 1100."


I'm going to finish at the bottom, I already know that, so I've stopped thinking that I don't deserve to be at the meet. I'm going to arrange my attempts so that I total 1100 pounds on second attempts.


Today was the first deload day- I just worked up to my deadlift opener, and did some mobility/prehab.

A1. Prehab/Mobility              

B1. Deadlift

8 x 45#
8 x 135#
5 x 225#
3 x 275#
2 x 315#
1 x 365#
1 x 405#

This felt a bit sluggish, but it was good to get the work in. Knee didn't hurt at all, thankfully. 2 more sessions and then I rest till the meet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment