Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On Busted Knee

So my left knee. It's all sorts of messed up right now. I can't stand up by putting weight on it. i can't push a rolling chair back while seated with it. And I have a competition in 3 weeks. So I did what anyone would do- I asked my wife to write me a training session that didn't involve my legs, at all.


Also I made a doctor appointment for Thursday, Here's to hoping I'm just hurt, and not injured.

A1. Prehab/Mobility

B1. BB Floor Press

8 x 45#
8 x 95#
5 x 135#
3 x 185#
1 x 225#
1 x 245#
2 x 1 x 275#

The floor press was done with my legs flat on the ground- no leg drive at all so as to not put any stress on my left knee. These felt pretty good, and reminded me of how much leg drive helps on my bench press.

C1. Pullups

4 x 6 x bw

D1. Z Press

8 x 45#
5 x 95#
4 x 6 x 135#

This is basically a seated-on-the-floor OH Shoulder Press. Lots of lower back and abtrunkcore stabilization was in effect here, no legs at all. Owie.

D2. Seated Pallof Press

3 x 30s

Again, seated on the floor, no leg use at all.         

Doctor visit on Thursday morning. It better be OK, because Jessica was flipping the tire during my session and I was getting jealous...           

No comments:

Post a Comment