Sunday, August 7, 2011

one for the road

Alright i'll just say it, deadlifts this morning sucked balls...but the rest of the session DID NOT. I'll admit it took me a few sets to really start moving and get into the overall flow, seriously it was like a train engine starting up, but once i hit it, it felt pretty cool.

I was reading from The Vault (and if you havent signed up for it at EliteFTS, i recommend you do, it's an amazing piece of reading), and I agree wholeheartedly with the part where Dave Tate says that there's a point where everyone needs to be accountable for their own results. Now, this is a bit more complicated than just "shut the hell up, do work, get in the gym, etc", it means you have to start experimenting a bit with your workouts, diet, training in general to get optimal results FOR YOU. I've been doing this for the last year or so and I have to say it's pretty interesting. Part of it is finding out exactly how far you can push yourself, which i think everyone needs to do. Step outside of the whole 6 meal, n training sessions a week/day, volume vs intensity dogma bullshit and think for yourself. And if the answer you come to bucks the trends, embrace it and smash through to your goals.

I'm still learning, and that's the best part. I'll always be learning, and i hope that's the point everyone gets to in their training experiment:

  • Deadlifts: 5x4 245 (see? these sucked)
  • Seated Row: 5x5 LaF 80
  • DB Neutral Incline: 5x5 65
  • A1. EZ Curl: 5x5 100
  • A2. EZ French: 5x5 70
  • BB Split Squat: 5x5 95
  • B1. Wukong: 5x5
  • B2. Hang Clean: 5x5 135

Starting my deload tonight, yeah yeah i know, training twice a day isn't really a "deload" perse, but I wanted to stay on schedule and i was supposed to train with someone who didn't show up this morning. Ah well. Workout track o'the morn: Light And Dark - mind.in.a.box.

No comments:

Post a Comment